Sunday 8 December 2013

"I Like To Show My Shape" – Juliet Ibrahim


Well, like the say. If you've got it, flaunt it. In this interview with the Punch, the Nollywood/Ghollywood actress talked about the challnges she faces as an actress, her relationship and style.
Read excerpts from the interview below:Challenges
Sometimes, it is related with my colour. The fact that I am of a mixed race makes people think that I receive preferential treatment. That is a huge misconception. There are times my colour is a disadvantage and I cannot get certain roles. They would rather give the role to a dark-skinned actor especially if both parents are dark in the movie. Sometimes, the fair-complexioned actors are cast in the roles of husband snatchers and other bad characters. People don’t know that we go through a lot. It has been very challenging to get a role that can elevate my talent.
The real Juliet Ibrahim
I am just a very simple person. I am hardworking, a businesswoman and a mother of a three-year-old son. I do charity work too. I released two of my singles this year.
Relationship
I am married to a Ghanaian, who is a quarter-caste. His mother is half Lebanese and half Ghanaian. We met several years ago when he was living in the United States of America. I was attracted to his personality and intelligence. We kept in touch and got married three years ago when he relocated to Ghana.
Style
I used to wear anything and walk around with my flip flops. Now, I am conscious of the fact that style matters and anything I do as a celebrity is a part of me. I always have to look my best always. Style, for me, is wearing what I am comfortable in. I try my best to always play with my shape and make sure my figure comes out. I can try any kind of dress. I am very dramatic with my dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope u enjoyed reading.. Keep dropping your Comments as the Top 3 Commentators will get gifts from Boston212 at the end of the year...#stayBless

FOLLOW US @BOSTON2123
FB- BOSTON212